Developmental Pediatrics New Orleans
Developmental Pediatrician in New Orleans, LA
At Premium Care Medical Center (PCMC), Dr. Princess Dennar has extensive experience in developmental pediatrics, a subspecialty of pediatric medicine, allowing us to provide developmental assessments and case management services for children from infancy until their sixth birthday.
Since arriving in New Orleans, Dr. Dennar noticed that the shortage of pediatricians served as a barrier to the early identification of developmental delays in children. Prompt identification of a developmental delay through screening and surveillance in the pediatric office leads to early intervention, which improves patient outcomes.
Thus, in 2011, Dr. Dennar developed the state’s only Daycare Developmental Surveillance Program (DDSP) in daycare centers. The aim of DDSP is to provide childcare providers with both the medical and educational resources needed to identify children with a developmental delay before the age of 5.
We are the only practice in the state of Louisiana to offer this advanced specialized service at both remote community early childcare sites and in-house to recognize and facilitate the management of challenges that your child may face.
Our comprehensive array of services is designed to help parents, children, early childcare providers, and the community in the following ways:
- Clinical Practice: We provide advanced care by early identification of developmental disorders using evidence-based protocols, through our dedicated in-house developmental screening clinic, referral system, treatment program, and daycare surveillance program on Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings. We partner with community and university-based health providers to provide the multidisciplinary team approach needed to maximize your child’s quality of life.
- Training: Through DDSP, PCMC provides training to daycare workers through hands-on interactive workshops and CEU certification, so childcare providers can earn their certification for up to 15 hours of continuing education units (CEU) in child development, child guidance, health, children with special needs, first aid, nutrition as it pertains to child development, and child safety.
- Community Outreach: PCMC provides Child Care Health Consultants to daycare centers, at a nominal fee, as a resource to aid in setting up community developmental screening clinics.
In our New Orleans / Westbank pediatric clinic, we focus on the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of children with special developmental healthcare needs for the following ailments:
- Medical and physical challenges
- Speech and language delays
- Developmental delays
- Autism/pervasive developmental disorders
- Associated emotional/behavioral difficulties
- ADD / ADHD
Don’t delay – the sooner we can diagnose a developmental or behavioral problem, the greater chance you have of successfully treating or resolving the issue. Call (504) 361-4203 to speak with a friendly staff member now.